Alpha 0.10 :: Stressed Out
I’m very happy to say that the alpha 0.10 update is now available here on Itch.IO and Steam! This update has a bunch of new content as well as several tweaks and bug fixes. A huge thanks to everyone who has provided feedback.
The colonists at the Mercury Facility now have a desire for beauty. Keep your colonists calm by providing decorations that will reduce the negative decor of the natural or industrial environment. Utilizing the latest in decor overlay technology, manage the beauty of your facility and help keep colonists calm, and most importantly, productive.
Should colonists get completely stressed out they will no longer be a productive member of the team. Benches and chairs are a great way to offer some relaxation so those stressed out colonists can get back to work.
Your colonists have discovered an alien weed that they’ve aptly named Lumen Bulbus. A soft fibrous material is contained within the hard glowing outer shell that can be used to make cloth.
The tech tree has been re-organized and a couple of new tech branches have been added. Recreation and some decorative objects now require data recovery before they can be constructed.
Edge scrolling has been added and can be toggled under settings. Selection lock will now unlock if you pan the camera, via keyboard or mouse, instead of having to close the objects info window. Selection lock can also be toggled off entirely under settings.
There are a lot of various updates, tweaks and fixes. Be sure to check out the full release notes below.
- Various objects in the game now positively or negatively effect the facility decor
- New data visibility options at bottom right to toggle between power, water and decor data view modes. Decor view shows a graphic overlay indicating positive decor in green and negative decor in red.
- Colonists stress will increase or decrease as they walk into areas of negative/positive decor.
- New Lumen Bulbus crop which can be used at the bio-refiner to make cloth
- New bench and chair decorations which colonists will use to sit and relax. Amount of stress reduction while sitting down is effected by area decor.
- Re-organized some data recovery projects and some objects now require new data recovery projects before they are available.
- Can now pan camera by moving cursor to the edge of the screen.
- Updated plant graphic rotation in crop fields so that crops look a bit more varied and natural
- Updated visual appearance of Hemp crop
- Some objects now require cloth as a building material
- Colonists will no longer perform work if stress is at max
- Required Job Role for craft recipe now shown in craft stations.
- Bio-Refiner recipes now require botanist job role instead of engineer
- Colonists will now craft items at crafting stations using a round robin method.
- Selecting objects will still move the camera to target and follow the selection, but can be cancelled by using the keyboard or mouse to move the camera.
- Selection lock/follow can be toggled in settings.
- Vsync now enabled by default and can be toggled in settings
- New selection sound effects for colonists
- New background music in Main Menu
- Optimized UI for increased performance on lower spec systems
- Quality setting now affects post processing filters
- Fixed issue with color correction causing strange screen colors on some video cards
- Fixed game crashing if colonist was unable to find a path when trying to refuel a generator
- Deconstructed objects should no longer drop items on non-walkable tiles. For example items dropped when deconstructing conduits under water tiles would temporarily make that tile walkable, leading to potentially stuck colonists.
- Fixed a pathfinding issue that would sometimes cause a colonist to become stuck trying to reach their destination
- Fixed issue with keyboard camera rotation working opposite to mouse camera rotation
- Fixed issue with colonists eating/sleep priorities
Get Mercury Fallen
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.