Pre-Alpha Demo 1.2 Update
It took longer than expected, but I'm happy to say that the 1.2 update is now available on Itch.IO! The biggest amount of time was spent on a complete rebuild of the colonist behavior system to fix up existing issues and ensure expand-ability as I continue to add new content and colonist actions.
There are a lot of other great fixes and improvements including storage containers can now be placed anywhere, better profession leveling, better hauling and a lot more. Check out the release notes below for a full list of updates and fixes.
- Colonist movement speed now based on athletics attribute
- Colonist profession level now affects productivity for some professions.
- Completely new colonist behavior system to allow for better behaviors as well as resolve issues with colonists getting stuck
- Builders now collect all items required to build an object before going to the object to build it.
- Builders will only collect items for a build project if all items required to build it are available
- Colonists moving items to storage will now pickup multiple adjacent items on the ground
- Changes to base profession productivity speed
- Profession level progress is now scaled. Higher levels require more experience/work in that profession.
- Items on the ground can be selected and will now show internal inventory with quantities.
- Deconstructed structures now drop the materials required to create it
- Deconstructed storage containers drop their content on the ground
- Deconstructing action now takes time to do based on structure durability
- Added deconstruction animation and effects
- Game starts with four colonists instead of three
- Added Feedback form to main menu and in game menu
- Colonists now have hair with random starting color.
- Darker lighting
- Minor graphic tweaks to Fog Of War and tile selection
- Minor UI tweaks
- Storage containers can now be placed anywhere
- Removed Storage Room Floor
- Storage Container inventory size increased
- Colonists will no longer favor moving items to storage over their chosen profession
- Colonists should no longer get stuck in various situations
- Profession level progress should update with colonist info window open
- Colonists now correctly find and eat food items.
- Global Storage Facility Storage section should now show items stored in storage containers.
- Colonists profession level properly capped at 10
Get Mercury Fallen
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.